Today is a day to be grateful. No matter where you live.. America.. Canada.. it doesn't matter. It was only five years ago today that so many people lost their lives; in the world trade center, the pentagon and on many of the flights that were hijacked. Five years ago today our lives changed forever. There are very few things that happen in a lifetime that really change the way we live our lives. September 11, 2001 was definately one of those days.
I vividly remember where I was on September 11.. I was at work watching CNN and I saw the planes hit the world Trade Center. I remember the shock and horror as I watched people jump from the buildings.. I remember watching people running through the streets of New York City and hearing the shrill screams of people both inside and outside of the buildings. I remember watching the news reporters attempting to gather their composure and report back to us calmly.. what was taking place in a world that was anything but calm. I remember the silence.. I remember everything. I remember exactly how empty I felt thinking about what took place that day. Though I didn't know anyone personally who lost their lives that day, there was definately a connection. I don't think I will ever forget this day.. nor do I think I ever want to forget this day. There were so many lives lost.. so many innocent people who lost their lives, that I think it will be impossible to forget.
I am thankful every day that I have another day on this earth.. that I can go to work and hope that I will be safe.. and come home to my family and my friends who love me. Not everyone has that opportunity. Sometimes people lose their lives unexpectedly.. and I think this is as good a time as ever to thank the people who sacrifice their lives for the rest of us, and for those who lost their lives on September 11th.
I will remember you....



3 comments:
what a great blog entry Alicia...very touching...(((hugs)))
what a great blog entry Alicia...very touching...(((hugs)))
i also remember that day Alicia,something i will never be able to forget.
Post a Comment