Though most of my friends already know this.. those of you who are just meeting me through the scrapbook "world" might not know that I am a HUGE John Mayer fan. Not only am I drawn to those cute pouty lips and wild hair, but I also love his lyrics. I find that John Mayer is one of the few artists who really connect with me through their lyrics and songs. He is truly amazing.
So.. it's safe to say that the first time I heard the song "Waiting on the world to change".. there was an instant connection. Not just in light of the recent anniversary of 9/11.. but also because I am a part of the generation that he speaks about.. the generation that is "waiting on the world to change" because we don't really have many other options.. we are "stuck" in a world that seems to be falling apart at times. I know every generation probably says this.. but what IS this world coming to? Sometimes I wonder.
Thank-you John Mayer.. for writing songs like this one, that make us really think about the world we live in!



0 comments:
Post a Comment